What Inspired Me?

One of the biggest movies that inspired me to chose the romantic/drama topic, is the Fault Is In Our Stars, along with The Kissing Booth, To All the Boys I've Loved Before and 5 Feet Apart. Although this were my major movies inspirations, for the first part of the opening scene, I found a movie that is very different from what I waned my movie to be, and that is 16 Wishes, a Disney Chanel movie.

At first I didn't wanted to incorporate this movie in my ideologies, because I never really liked this movie when I was younger, because it's a very basic and boring movie. But after watching the first few minutes, I though it would be very interesting to base my movie opening with that one, just a little more interesting and visually pleasing and soothing, and then increase the mood on the clip. 

Another movie that inspired my movie opening was: To All The Boys I've Loved Before, again, I didn't want to base my movie on this one at first because I don't want it to be the typical Netflix drama, but when I saw the filter, the angles, the shots, and the transitions this movie has, I felt in love with the creativity this one contains. My biggest inspiration was the filter of the movie as a whole, It is extremely visually pleasing, this filter makes the primary colors blue, red, and yellow stand out in such a beautiful way, dragging the viewers attention's to the shots.

An last but not least, I wanted the main character to have a certain personality, I want the main character to be a girl and I wanted her personality to be similar as the main character from The Fault Is In Our Star, To All The Boys I've Loved before, and the girl from 5 feet apart. This is due to the fact that these characters have a very strong personality, but at the same time they are shy, they have a very beautiful personality, they love books, they play an instrument but most importantly, I wanted the main character to be have a certain connection with the audience causing sympathy. 

I also wanted setting and location to have some significance, the room where the first shots are going to be is very aesthetically pleasing, giving out some hints about this main character's personality, along with her clothes and the colors that surround her. Everything has to contribute to the purpose of the movie as a whole, I based off this idea by the movie To All The Boys I've Loved Before. 


Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Camera Angles Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse

week 2- casting and filming